Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Reunion Sessions

For the past several years, my in-laws have asked me to be in charge of photography at our family reunions every summer. I love it. They know I feel so comfortable with a camera in my hands and they are so supportive of me striving to improve my photography skills. I took our group family photo as well as shots of each individual family. I feel so lucky and blessed to be part of this amazing group of people and call them family. (I actually took these in 2010. These are my favorite reunion shots I have taken in the past three years, so I'm just sharing these so you get the idea.)

The entire Dekker clan in 2010. There's still the same number today. No new babies yet.

Click below to see the individual family pictures and the grandkid shots.

This is my amazing sister-in-law with all five of her kids. I adore this shot. It is one of my favorites. We were waiting for the dad to make his appearance when we took advantage of just some mom and kid shots.

My in-laws have this amazing building on their property. It's historical to the family and it is so fitting to do our photo shoots here. I love the rustic look for these ones.


These are my other sibling-in-laws with their adorable kids. Of all the family shots, this background was my absolute favorite. We took all the family pictures around my in-laws' home. They have an amazing yard and it is a favorite place for the whole family to be (so much so that we have just had our family reunions there a couple of years now.)

I love a good silly face picture.


And my other sister-in-law with her two daughters. I love the contrast of their white shirts with the green all around them. Beautiful!

As weird as it may sound, this is my favorite family shot of our family for this shoot. I love family feet pictures. They are so precious to me. My youngest was barely 7 months old in this shoot (his feet were too fat for shoes!) and I love his little baby feet, next to my 3 year olds' with ours along side them. So adorable!

I had the idea to take some shots of all the grandkids together in Grandma and Grandpa's garden. The grandkids often help plant the garden and are always found helping throughout the season and we all benefit from their labors. I love this picture because it is personal to our family. I told all the kids to just find a random spot in the garden and smile. I love how it turned out.


I just can't resist the silly face shots! And it's always such an attention-getter for the kiddos and it makes it easy to move on in the session. :) Love little tricks you learn along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment